NRPG Kalamunda Bush Carers
“Gnaala kaaditj kenyen kadjuck Whadjuck Noongar moort nidjar budjar”
“We acknowledge the Whadjuck Noongar people as the traditional custodians of this land”
2022 NAIDOC WEEK Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up! Sunday, 3 July to Sunday, 10 July 2022.
Dear NRPG Members and Interested.
Read all about 2022 NAIDOC Week Opening Ceremony activities by the City of Kalamunda.
About NRPG – Kalamunda Bush Carers
Based in the City of Kalamunda, NRPG is a volunteer community organisation founded in 1989 to preserve our native bushland. In addition, our volunteer Friends groups adopt areas of bushland, and working with the City, remove weed species and in encourage native flora and fauna species back to the areas.
Since its inception, NRPG’s accomplishments include having:
- Saved DOLA bush reserves such as Holly and Wordsworth Way in Kalamunda from residential development.
- Helped develop the City District Conservation Strategy.
- Preserved and regenerated bushland reserves
- The establishment, and participation in the Community Environment and Sustainability Advisory Committee (CESAC)
We continue to be involved with, and make submissions on topics which affect our natural and living environment, including:
- Wildlife corridors
- Clearing and threats to bushland, wetlands, forests and other natural areas
- Climate Change
- Feral animals, cats, weeds, Die-back
- Metropolitan and local strategic plans and developments
- Fire risk management and the ‘fire-weed cycle’ which degrades bushland
- Tree and understorey protection and enhancement in City of Kalamunda
- Working with the City to assist Reserve Friends’ Groups and start new ones, to mainten and revegetate native Reserves
NRPG Members receive regular updates about our work and related events, invitations to our information presentation evenings to learn and share ideas, and updates from our affiliates including the Conservation Council of WA, Urban Bushland Council and the WA Forest Alliance. Please join us to support our efforts and provide a greater ‘voice’ for our Environment.